Personalised Family Medical Care
Infants & Children’s Health
Reydon Street Medical Centre offers a wide range of services for children and babies. Our GPs can help with new born assessments, feeding concerns, new parent support, developmental assessments, healthy kids checks and immunisations.
It is practice policy to offer same day appointments to sick child patients of the practice whenever possible.
See our page on immunisation for more details about the vaccinations recommended for your child and how we can help you protect them.
Our doctors are all parents and so are familiar with the concerns that children bring and that parenting can be hard work. Many of us need support, skills and tools to help build confidence or learn about parenting strategies. We find the following websites great resources for authoritative advice.
- Triple P Parenting is a world-renowned program originating in Queensland. It offers support and educational resources to make raising children and teenagers easier. There is a whole raft of options: 1:1 counselling, online and face to face courses, apps, podcasts, books and videos.
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne (RCH) has some great Kids Health Info Fact Sheets. These elp parents and teenagers learn more about common health conditions by providing quality up to date information day or night.
- Take a look at the RCH advice on Fever in Children.
- Help children and teenagers relax troubled by pain or anxiety using relaxation breathing techniques:
- raisingchildren.net.au provides ad-free parenting videos, articles and apps backed by Australian experts.
- The Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service offers information about Queensland Health Services for children and information for families.
- The NHS website NHS Choices has expert advice about health conditions and living well. (Just remember to dial 000 in an Emergency to call an Ambulance in Australia and not 999.)