We have taken steps to reduce the risks of exposure to our patients. We remain open to existing and new patients.
- We have offer telephone and video consultations by TELEHEALTH appointments
- Eligible TELEHEALTH consultations may attract a Medicare rebate for patients
- We already bulk bill children
- We can still see higher risk patients face to face in a dedicated isolation area when needed after initial telephone consultation.
Telehealth Doctors for Mt Gravatt, Wishart, Mansfield and Rochedale.
Upper Mt Gravatt Medical Practice
We are a family focused general practice located at 2 Reydon Street, Mt Gravatt, QLD, 4122. We have adapted quickly to ensure we can still help patients in a safe and efficient way. We now use Telephone or Video appointments as our first point of contact with all patients (called “TELEHEALTH”). Patients can book on-line very easily using our existing on-line book system .
We use the the HealthDirect VideoCall system for video consultations for 2 reasons:
- It does not require extra software or apps to be installed on your phone or computer
- It offers better protection of your privacy (unlike some of the other apps and programs)
To reduce the need for patients to come into the clinic we can arrange for:
- prescriptions to be sent straight to a local pharmacy
- referrals for pathology to be sent direct to the local pathology clinics
- x-ray and other imaging requests to be sent direct to the radiology provider.
If we do need to see patients for a face to face examination we have an isolation area to see higher risk patients. When needed you can find us right next door to the suburb of Wishart. Our Mt Gravatt and Wishart doctors practice is located on the corner of Newnham Road and Reydon Street Mt Gravatt, right on the cusp of neighbouring suburbs Wishart, Mansfield and Rochedale.
We have experienced General Practitioners offering an array of medical services and advice families and individuals. View the full profiles of our Mt Gravatt / Wishart doctors.
- Dr Paul Colbrook enjoys all aspects of General Practice. Moreover, he is interested in the early detection and management of skin melanoma and other skin cancers. Dr Colbrook undertakes ongoing training to maintain and update his knowledge and skills in this area. In additon to this, he tutors medical students from the University of Queensland.
- Dr Karen Shepherd continues to work as a General Practitioner in southeast Brisbane after over 20 years. Dr Shepherd is greatly experienced and enjoys all aspects of General Practice but has particular interests in women’s health, allergy & immunology, chronic illness and mental health.
- Dr Brittany Wakefield is a Fellow of the Australian College of GPs, and has been working in Maleny where she is very highly regarded. She has extra training in Dermatology (skin medicine) and is interested in skin cancer management. She also enjoys women’s health, chronic disease management, geriatrics.
- Dr Annette Kortlucke has lived and worked in the Mount Gravatt area for over thirty years. On top of her wealth of experience, she has undertaken additional training in women’s health, palliative care, mental health and many other aspects of general practice.
If you need more information please check the Bookings area of our website or phone 07 3216 8500 to make an appointment to make an appointment for a telephone or video consultation.
After hours emergencies are attended to by the home doctor service please call 3216 8500 for connection.
Wishart is a south Brisbane suburb located approximately 14 km south of the Brisbane CBD. Reydon St Medical service patients within southern Brisbane suburbs of Wishart, Mt Gravatt, Mansfield, Upper Mt Gravatt, MacKenzie, Tarragindi and Holland Park West.