Coronavirus COVID-19 information and resources
Patient safety at Reydon Street Medical Centre
We have implemented a number of strategies to help reduce the spread if the virus and assist our patients:
- We are now taking all consultation requests as phone or video consultations in the first instance. By using TELEHEALTH consultations wherever possible (many of which may be bulk billed) we aim to reduce infection risk to all our patients and staff.
- We have closed the door, so patients must PHONE AHEAD rather than just walking-in so we can carry out screening and preparations.
- Encouraging people who arrive early for appointments to wait in their cars (or our garden) until their appointment time.
- Improved social distancing in the waiting areas and outside
- Increased frequency of cleaning of touched surfaces
- Changed furniture to make it easier to clean
- Signage and barriers to alert all patients and protect staff
Telephone and Video consultations (Telehealth)
To support our patients, we now Bulk Bill Patients eligible for Medicare-eligible telephone or video consultations (Telehealth). BOOK A TELEPHONE OR VIDEO CONSULTATION (TELEHEALTH) HERE
Private Telephone Consultations – For other patients who do not meet Medicare criteria a private consultation with one of our GPs can be arranged (private-fee without a Medicare rebate).
By reducing the number of patients at higher risk of having the virus, and the time they spend, in the waiting room we hope to reduce the chance of infecting other patients. In addition, PHONING AHEAD will help us direct patients to the most appropriate place for their care, as well as reducing the risk of transmission to other patients and health care staff. In some instances, after a telephone discussion with the doctor, if a patient is well it may not be necessary for them to come see the doctor, and for them to be referred to the pathology provider for swabs to be taken. We hope to be able to offer a video consultations soon.
The Department of Health has announced a dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) telephone line. For more information about novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov), you are recommended to call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 before contacting your GP to see if you meet the criteria for self -isolation and can access the Medicare rebate for phone consultations. You can access the HealthDirect COVID-19 Symptom Checker here.