If you are 65 years and older, you can now book an appointment for our Rapid Access Clinic.
Your jab will be delivered in a dedicated influenza vaccination clinic setting, and you will not be able to discuss any other issues. If you have doubt or questions about whether you wish to be vaccinated you must do this through a separate appointment. You can book an appointment with your GP to discuss the influenza vaccination by visiting out website. These Rapid Access Influenza vaccination- only appointments will be Bulk Billed.
You will receive Fluad Quad®. This is an adjuvanted (or enhanced) vaccine which is a standard dose flu vaccine with an added adjuvant to help create a stronger immune response to the vaccination. This vaccine has the benefit of inducing a greater immune response in older people.
The enhanced quadrivalent influenza vaccine is the best form of protection against flu for older Queenslanders for the following reasons:
- Older people do not respond as well to standard influenza vaccine as the immune system response decreases with age.
- The enhanced vaccine is designed specifically to increase the immune system’s response to the vaccine, especially against the influenza A/H3N2 strain which is more common and severe in people aged 65 years and older.
If you are ready to be vaccinated follow the simple Reydon Street Medical Centre Influenza Rapid Access Immunisation Process
- Check you are 65 years or older.
- Read our Rapid Access Information page and follow the link to read the consent information and to book an appointment
- Book an Influenza appointment online and complete the consent form:
- What to do on the day
- Wear your mask
- Wear clothes that have your upper arm uncovered
- Arrive early enough to park and walk
- Enter the building 5 minutes before your appointment slot
- Maintain physical distancing
- Be prepared to stay 15 minutes after your jab.