RAPID ACCESS INFLUENZA IMMUNISATION FOR PRIVATE INFLUENZA VACCINATIONS ON TUESDAY 7 APRIL 2020.
We received a small batch of private Influenza immunisations.
We wish to help all our patients access influenza vaccination in a timely, efficient and safe manner
We will run some quick access influenza only sessions .
These quick access sessions are not suitable for people who:
- Are already unwell with fever, respiratory symptoms
- Who have contact with confirmed COVID cases
- If you are required to self-isolate for 14 days due to travel outside of Australia within the last 14 days.
- If a household member is a suspected case, you may need to be isolated. This will be determined by your public health unit on a case-by-case basis. Your public health unit will contact you if you need to isolate. For more information, read our fact sheet on home isolation.
- Cannot stand for 40 minutes or cannot walk on uneven ground
- Are under 12 yrs old
New patients and children under 12 need a Face to Face appointment with one of our GPs and are not suitable for this session.
These will take place outside so we can maintain social distancing.
Due to the way these are taking place we will not be able to deal with any other issue and patients attending the rapid access influenza only sessions will need to book another consultation /telephone consultation.
W only have PRIVATE INFLUENZA stock at present.The immunisation will incur a fee of $20 payable in advanceThe consultation will be billed direct to Medicare on your behalf.
We will announce further sessions for patients over 65yo in due course .
Government stock for those over 65 yrs old or <65yo with Chronic Conditions is still coming and we will post once we have details of arrival. If you are 65+, it is recommended you have the high-strength vaccine designed for this age group. These are being distributed in small batches to clinics by Queensland Health. Due to the extreme circumstances we will not be given advance warning until the courier walks through the door. Please be patient and keep and eye on this Facebook page, so we can update as soon as we receive them.
NB The influenza immunisation for over 65s is different to the others – it is only available from GPs.