There is a lot in the news about the new Coronavirus. Thankfully, it is yet to make an impact in Australia. However, as we are at the start of our winter, and the inevitable cold and flu season , it is timely to talk about simple steps we can take to reduce the risk of spreading viruses to other patients.
We are open for business as usual, but ask that on arrival all patients who are unwell with fever, respiratory symptoms or diarrhoea:
- use alcohol gel and follow the simple hand hygiene processes and
- put on a face mask, and
- inform reception staff.
We have instructions and equipment inside the front door.
In addition, we request the following types of patients to phone the clinic to make an appointment with the help of the receptionist rather than booking on line . The patients we would like to phone ahead on 07 3216 8500 are people who have:
- visited China in the last 14 days
- been in contact with someone who has visited China in the last 14 days
- travelled to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore or Thailand in the last 14 days
- been in contact with anyone known or suspected to have the coronavirus.
This will allow us to take steps to minimize the time the patient is in the waiting room and take additional precautions to protect patients and staff.