Easter will be here soon, and the Flu Season will follow.
- stop you catching the flu and developing its complications.
- keep working
- not have to take time off work looking after children
- keep you out of hospital or worse
Annual vaccination is recommended for anyone six months of age and older. The Government provides certain groups with a free flu shot under the National Immunisation Program. These include:
- people 65 years and over
- all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- pregnant women
- those who suffer chronic conditions
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People from 6 months of age
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and adolescents aged 5-14 years of age
People who are not eligible for a government provided flu needle can purchase this valuable protection privately.
For those under 65 years there is a four strain (quadrivalent) influenza vaccine, and for this 65 yrs and over a high-strength triple strain.
Adult patients can book a Fast-Track appointment for flu immunisation by ringing 07 3216 8500. The first of these will be held on 9, 10 and 16 April.
Fast-Track appointments for flu immunisation will simply be for adult patients to access this valuable protection and nothing else. These Fast-Track appointments will be direct billed to Medicare. (Other appointments will be charged according to our usual fees). For those who are not eligible for a government funded flu vaccination the fee for the vaccine will be $15.00.
Children will need to book an normal appointment with their doctor.
See the latest flu trend statistics below. However, remember these are always a little out of date :
Watch these videos from Queensland Health :